Will be interesting to see how K2/NET Black Pearl can interact with IMM (interactive Media Manager)
At the 2007 National Association of Broadcasters conference (NAB2007), Microsoft Corp. today introduced Microsoft Interactive Media Manager, a next-generation digital content management solution that combines digital workflows and media application integration with a collaborative front-end environment. The solution, an extension of Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007, is designed specifically for the media and entertainment industry, including film and post-production studios, broadcasters, game developers, publishers, and advertising and marketing agencies.
Interactive Media Manager includes components of existing Microsoft solutions such as Windows Workflow Foundation, Windows Communication Foundation, InfoPath® XML forms and the newly announced Microsoft Silverlight™, previously called Windows Presentation Foundation Everywhere (WPF/E).
Building on the capabilities of Office SharePoint Server 2007, Interactive Media Manager provides the following customizable Web parts that target specific processes within the content production life cycle:
- Media Library serves as a front end in which media content items in the digital asset management system are displayed as thumbnails.
- Media Viewer displays information such as annotations and time codes in Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers format and offers sophisticated, built-in playback controls.
- Media Annotator allows groups of people to collaborate on media assets through video annotations, digital inking and discussions.
- Media Import facilitates the upload of media files and automatically launches associated workflows, such as information-gathering processes.
- Media Cart provides an individualized area for storing media assets that people want to edit themselves or push out to appropriate editors.
About the Interactive Media Manager Ecosystem
Interactive Media Manager provides for out-of-the-box integration with leading media-industry applications, including systems for digital asset management, digital rights management, transcoding, image transformation, and secure, reliable file distribution.
Partners that have demonstrated integration with Interactive Media Manager include Anystream Inc., Aspera, Equilibrium, K2.net, Open Text’s Artesia Digital Media Group, Quantum Corp., Sanbolic Inc. and Telestream Inc. In addition to Microsoft Consulting Services (MCS), systems integration partners for Interactive Media Manager include Avanade and Tata Consultancy Services (TCS).
Full Story : Microsoft Interactive Media Manager