Last week, I attended an online WebMeeting (LiveMeeting) hosted by Herman Taljaard from K2. He said a quick hello, and handed over to Adriaan Van Wyk (CEO), who was “up-late” in Orlando, Florida @ Microsoft TechEd.
The session covered sooo much – lots to see – jammed into an hour timeslot. A mix of business & technical, with a quick demo.
Some of the highlights / bits I liked :
Design a Workflow within Sharepoint / BlackPoint
- Use AJAX designer integrated into the Sharepoint UI
- Easy for business user to design
Export workflow to CAB file – and open (import) in Visual Studio (!!)
- Add some steps, actions and outcomes
- Save & deploy back to MOSS
Integrated into Office 2007
- Open document in Word, and action task
- Context Grid – view process, users, roles
- Lower granularity – include security to task / activity level
- Delegate task items / actions / in-flight change
Configuration Manager (within Visual Studio)
- Right-click – change to PROD / DEV
- Updates “servers” selected within server explorer
- Can deploy from command line / msbuild
- Install / config using Xml file -> k2 server
Source / Template
- Located within Beta2\Bin\Design Templates
- Use as example, encouraged to have a look
Thanks Herman & Adriaan – was a good session. Made a few notes, will have to read through and investigate some of the above.
Looks like it’s going to be a nice “experience” for both business user, and developer – as well as infrastructure (IT Admin).
Click here to see a recording of the session – might have to re-watch myself, and review what was shown.