Well, if you had been in Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra or Adelaide last week – then YES – you would’ve had a free breakfast !
The SDM K2+IW (Information Worker) breakfast seminar / roadshow is now complete, was a busy week. These were business-oriented sessions, with my developer brain switched to stand-by, was difficult not to break into jargon & .NET lingo !
Thanks to the K2 folk for attending, and supporting our cause.
For those who were unable to attend, here’s a brief run-down of what was shown/presented :
- What is BPM + what is workflow
- What software tools/products exist in marketplace
- SharePoint – docu-centric (human workflow)
- BizTalk – integration (system workflow)
- Quick example of a “human workflow”
- SDM Case Study
- How do we use workflow within our organisation (K2)
- Dogfooding – 1st customer is best customer
- Example : Leave Request
- Example : Expense Processing
- Organisational Roles
- Business User
- Introducing K2 – overview & intro about :
- K2 Web Designer
- K2 Visio Add-In
- K2 Studio (Visual Studio)
- Workflow Forms
- Report Designer
- How to get started
- Where can we use workflow ? example processes
- Who can use workflow ? business verticals
- Overview of some SDM customers
- Video clip
- Del Monte Foods, from www.k2.com
Was some great discussion and Q&A following the sessions.
Even had a question asking if K2 had been used to control robotics !?! I don’t see why not, as long as there’s an API to interact with the robot machinery. Would be a fun dev. project !
Another attendee mentioned having a paper-chase around their organisation, that landed on 12 people’s desk ! A prime candidate for workflow – and K2[blackpearl].
If you’re interested in hearing more, or a more depth insight into some of these topics, pls. feel free to leave a comment.
Have been attending the K2 Global Learning 101 course this week – will update more with some of my findings, & so forth.